Friday 1 May 2009

Why I Love Acting
By Rachel (16)
Acting has always been a part of my life whether I wanted it to be or not. I have grown up with acting and actors. My mum and dad both act and I made my first professional appearance when I was three, playing a bridesmaid in a TV programme my dad was in.
I have had the privilege of being able to go on set and see what happens behind the scenes.
I have seen the actor's real faces, their mistakes and the way acting has made some of them self obsessed. I have also seen the good things about acting: some people appreciate it because they have had to work hard at getting parts despite having more talent than some famous people I have seen act.
The drawbacks of acting are:
Getting up as early as 4am
Finishing filming as late as 2am or 3am
You could be working for months, maybe a year, then not get work for months or even a year
The hours and days are irregular.
The advantages are:
I enjoy being a different person because I like to explore different personalities and different lifestyles
It makes me feel excited
I enjoy having my make up done
I like having a different wardrobe each day!
Despite knowing more than most about acting - and some really awful actors; I still love it and know that it is the only thing

0 comments:

Post a Comment